The challenge was - make a tag, any size, anything goes. So, I had a little play about and came up with this...
At the minute, I'm going through a 'blue period'. I'm loving using my blue inks and blue shades so used this as my starting point.
* First, paint the tag with baby blue emulsion paint on both sides and paint hash lines vertically and horizontally randomly on the front and back with a cream/off white emulsion.
* Stamp the bubble background stamp with Broken China Distress Ink around the edges and emboss with clear powder.
* Randomly stamp with the chicken wire stamp using Chipped Sapphire DI.
* Make up an embossing paste with cornflour and PVA and a touch of blue paint to colour it. Using a mask, randomly stencil the paste through the mask. leave to dry.
* Using a script stamp, stamp using black Jet Black Archival Ink.
* Ink the tag with Broken China and Chipped Sapphire DI working from the center to the outside.
* Stamp the birdcage in the center in gold ink and emboss using gold powder. Ink around the edges of the tag with gold and emboss with gold powder.
* Stamp the birdcage with black Stazon ink on to a microscope slide and overlay part of the gold birdcage with one of the slides.
* Stamp the Lace Edge stamp on to parchment paper and emboss with black embossing powder and cut around it.
* Stamp the flower on to good quality printer paper using Chipped Sapphire DI. Make up in to a 3D flower.
* Adhere the parchment lace, flower, and butterflies.
* Tie blue bakers twine through the punched hole at the top of the tag.
* Tie two pieces of black organza ribbon together and thread through the hole. Tie a knot at the front of the tag and leave the end coming out the back. Heat the ribbon with a heat gun so it crinkles.
BITS & BOBS I USED....
* Stamps: Indigoblu bubble background, chicken wire background.
Graphic 45 (Secret Garden), script, lace edge, butterfly.
Paperartsy birdcage, flowers.
* Ink: clear, gold, jet black Archival, Stazon black ink, Distress Inks - Broken China, Chipped Sapphire.
* Embossing powder: clear, gold & black.
* Mask: Stamps Away dots.
* Parchment paper.
* Microscope slide
* Blue bakers twine.
* Black organza ribbon.
* Emulsion paint.
Thanks for looking. Please leave me a comment and tell me what you think.
I would like to enter this creation in to the following challenges...
Artful Times - challenge 50 anything goes